Dog Pound of United Alliances
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dog Pound of United Alliances

Travian Forum for Dog Pound Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
quadramana
Admin

I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this Empty
PostSubject: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:45 am

I sent this message to Stephen Hawking and then realized that everyone should be involved.

Who all is about to start their next village. A thought that I have been kicking around is this,

We could have one of our loyal # members move to the outskirts of the map, I have a location in mind, for the purpose of starting up a wing of the dog pound. After all of this mess with the other alliances, I am beginning to fell like wings are the way to go. My belief is that if we continue to grow wings that all contribute to the dog pound, there will never be any loyalty issues as we will all continue to stand together as 1.

My wife started an account as a Teuton maybe a week ago. I check her account sometimes and she is doing very well in a short amount of time out there. I told her to try the teuton strategy and it is really working out there. Fast growth etc. I sit for her so that she can be competitive as this is not really her thing but she has some interest.

The area that I am thinking about is around -50, -150.

My idea is this, one of our loyal members move out there and start up a 65-75% teuton alliance. There are some new and decent players out there. I would love to be able to bring them into the fold while building our teuton forces.

We could all maintain the same forum so that we can continue to communicate efficiently and what not.

Please post your questions, comments and concerns with this idea.
Back to top Go down
https://dogpound.forumotion.com
StitchInTime

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:07 am

I think it will eventually be crucial to establish wings in the name of the #, though question the idea of near-exclusivity of teutons in such a wing. Perhaps my lack of experience is contributing to my lack of understanding of this logic, but I've always felt that I can swing just as hard as a gaul as any teuton at all but the earliest stages of the game.

Anyways - I see no flaw in trying to set up a wing on the periphery. That sounds like solid planning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:18 am

I think that someone relocating out there is out of the question. The player would either have to move completely, or split his villages half and half. This kills the players chance in doing anything. I think that the more reasonable thing is to establish the wing with players already out there.

As for majority teuton, that is suicide for all but the first 2 or maybe 3 months of the server. Even though they have spears and paladins, they just dont have the defense that gauls and romans have. They will be wiped out. This is the reason nobody is really scared about TNT.
Back to top Go down
quadramana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:24 am

This is why I wanted to start this thread because everyone will have good ideas to bring to the table.
Back to top Go down
https://dogpound.forumotion.com
Nosty

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:48 am

Heres my thoughts,

I believe the # should build a stronghold location. I believe theres another link that Quad put out there with the cords. Its a 50 by 50 sq. Which most of us are in already. It goes from my villages all the way out to -150/-50 or something like that.

ALL the members of # should try to be in or as close to this quadrant as they can.

As for the new wings of #. YES I agree. We should ONLY have WINGS that are #.

Example would be
#
and so on or maybe
#A
#B
Or whatever suffix fits.

We can either start them or assign some of our confeds to start a wing. (change thier name)

We could find trustworthy players INSIDE the # right now that would want to LEAD such a wing.

WHOEVER is put in charge of a wing should have daily contact with with at least one of the leaders in all of the other wings/cnfederates. Constant communication between the wings would be a must. As well as reinforcing other players once cats start hitting other players or even when the chiefs start comming too.

MY OPINION ON THE TUETON ONLY WING:

If you were to do a huge alliance of ONLY Tuetons it would have to be STRONGLY supported by our current gauls or Romans in the future. If NOT supported with a mix of other tribes I personally believe it'll reach its demise. Especially if other Gual or Roman tribes are FAR AWAY.
ANOTHER note: If everybody is extreemly close together and are ALL Tuetons. How far away are they farming? Eventually there wont be any farms left. Sad

AND... lol.... This is a positive note:
That wing could GROW extreemly fast and become part of our offensive HAMMER SUPPORT! The Tueton wing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:59 am

Teuton wings need to have members that are spread VERY sparsely throughout our base of regular roman and gualic members. THey do NOT need to be in an area by themselves, or they handicap themselves. Since they are the offense, they need to be spread out, so they can hit a large swath of targets, and need plenty room to farm. And the need pt be spread out within out alliances area, so they can have the support of surrounding guals and romans.
Back to top Go down
Galiena

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyMon May 04, 2009 4:44 am

I'm not in favor of a Teuton only alliance wing, not only for the reasons mentioned above but also that it limits that wing's ability to grow. There are just not enough people playing Teutons to support it. I would also hazard a guess that there are experienced players who do not like to play Teutons that we would be excluding.

I think we should also give serious thought to a training wing to groom new players. I can tell you from personal experience that I have learned an awful lot from you all and I think if we set aside a wing to bring in some active noobs we would ultimately harvest from that wing some great players for late in the game or possibly on the next server. I think the training wing would be left out on some of the advanced tactics and strategy sessions and instead focus on the basics: economy development, raiding, what is expected of them as far as the rules, etc. People who thrive stay and possibly move into the main portion of the alliance those that do not - get farmed. We've lost a few folks for being yellow in the current # if we vet folks in a wing I think that would cut down on that happening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyMon May 04, 2009 4:47 am

I love this idea, and support it...but i think it is to early. But I wouldnt object to it...I just wouldnt have the time to put into it fully. Though, this summer, I would, and I think I could do wonders for some noobs...and farm the drop outs:D
Back to top Go down
Nosty

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:00 am

Galiena:

YOU have a great idea. I did not even think of that. We should definatly have a training wing.

Make it our NAP not our confederacy.

I also agree with the above statements from both of you Step. and Gal.

Tuetons should be spread out to allow for a larger spread of attacks. BUT dont forget about Romans and GAULS for attacking too. The TTs from the Gauls are extreemly fast. They can be very valuable. and Romans have a HUGE attack power from thier heavies as well.

A wide variety is always better than just one tribe. Thats my opinion. study
NOT that I've had my head in the books, but thats my thoughts. Smile
Back to top Go down
Galiena

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:50 am

One other thought on this subject I had was if we break into wings they should break geographically. Sub-dividing without careful consideration of Geography would be fatal.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Hunter

Cougar Hunter

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:22 pm

Well my personal opinion on having an ALL Teut alliance isnt the best idea in the world. Most Teuts have a hard time defending themselves against Romans or some heavy Gaul attacks. Such as in my case i got my army destroyed by some heavy Gauls yesterday and im in my REBUILDING stages of them now. Teuts are strong offensively but with out help they are sitting ducks for high Romans or Gauls.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this   I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this Empty

Back to top Go down

I am curios about eveyone's thoughts on this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dog Pound of United Alliances :: Wings of the #-
Jump to: